Manitoba Problem Gambling Assistance Program for VLT site staff
Purpose of this Course
To give VLT site staff the information and skills necessary to assist customers who may be experiencing problem gambling.
Who it is For
This workshop is required by Manitoba Liquor and Lotteries Corporation for all VLT site holders in Manitoba.
The objectives of this training are to help participants:
- understand the key concepts in the VLT – Player Information Booklet.
- understand the responsible gambling features on the VLTs.
- dispel common player myths about gambling with accurate information.
- understand the range of gambling behaviour, from recreational gambling to harmful involvement in gambling.
- identify on-site behaviours that may indicate a patron is experience problem gambling.
- review and practice a range of strategies that could be used on site to assist customers in difficulty.
To register or to find out more information:
In Winnipeg, call 204-944-6368
In Brandon, call 204-729-3838
In Thompson, call 204-677-7300
In Dauphin, call 204-622-2021